8. Monthly Newsletter Subscriptions & Opt-Out Policy. If a visitor wishes to subscribe to our
monthly newsletter (containing the top poem and quote of the month), we ask for their e-mail address. Users
who no longer wish to receive our newsletter, may opt-out by sending us an
e-mail with Unsubscribe as the Subject from the
e-mail address that is registered to receive the newsletter. Unsubscribe instructions are also contained in
9. Recommending a Poem/Quote to a Friend. When you recommend a poem or quote to a friend, we ask
for both your email address and your friend's. Neither one of these addresses is ever stored on our system
(beyond the few seconds it takes to send the poem) or given or sold to any other party.
10. Unsolicted E-Mail. We do not send unsolicited e-mail messages to anyone. We will only send
email if one of our visitors has signed up for our free monthly newsletter, in response to a query, or if their
submission was chosen as the top poem or top quote of the month.
11. Third Party Advertiser Cookies. We use third-party advertising companies to
serve ads on our website. In the course of serving advertisements to this site, our third-party advertiser may
place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. These companies employ cookies to measure and improve the
effectiveness of ads for their clients. This anonymous data is used to develop aggregate reports only. If you
want to opt out of all network advertising cookies, you may visit the website of the National Advertising
Iniative ("NAI"): http://www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp
12. COPPA Compliance (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act). We do not knowingly collect
information from children under the age of 13 and feel strongly about protecting the rights and privacy of children.
As such, we do not collect or use any personal information from children we know to be under the age of 13, and will
remove personally identifying information about such minors from our system. We are compliant with the Children's
Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998. See this page for more information: https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/childrens-online-privacy-protection-rule
13. Third Party Advertiser Personal Data Collection. Exponential Interactive, Inc, as our
partner, have a legitimate interest to collect and profile personal data in the form of IP address and cookie ID
from users on our website in order to provide targeted online advertising and ad measurement. For more details
protection officer via firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices, we will post a notice on our website
notifying users of the change.
Last updated May 8th, 2018